Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Where Spouse Gets Fired, By Me. [Lunches This Week (#13)]

I adore my Spouse. No one on the planet can dispute this fact, even after only a few minutes in our general area. We ooze schmoopiness. Not to say that we are gross as far as PDA, but there's hand-holding and such. Light PDA, if you will.

SOOOOOOO.....

When I say, Spouse got FIRED yesterday (Memorial Day, so not from his job or anything super crazy like that), it is not without cause. 


Allow me to set the scene: I had stayed up way, super duper late, re-reading book 6 of my favorite series, Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, ('til, uh, 3 a.m.) so yesterday, by late morning I required a bit of a siesta.

Spouse inquired, "What time do you want to be up?" and I replied, "1 p.m. and I'll just hop in the shower, so I am ready to roll with whatever."

1 p.m. rolls around, I get myself outta bed, in the shower, dolled up all nice and cute, and go downstairs. 

There is *no one* in the house. By *NO ONE*, I mean Spouse and our delightful house-guest for the week, Reverend Al, one of Spouse's oldest & dearest friends. 

They are both gone. 
There is no note on the board on the frig, indicating where they are. No note anywhere.
Rev. Al's rental car is also gone. 

Huh. 

I send text to Spouse: "Where are you?". No reply. 
So I take to social media and find out, those rat bastards have not only decamped for food, but food AND beer

HURRUMPH. *

Honestly, I wasn't as mad about the food and beer, as I was that there was no note, no text, nuthin' saying where they'd gone. I won't go all drama-ey and say I imagined them dead on the road side somewhere but it is fairly off-putting, and freaky, to expect inhabitants in one's domicile, and come downstairs to none. 

Since I was starving, by the time they arrived back home, I decided to cook myself something. Something ended up being a batch of Marcella Hazan's Simplest Tomato Sauce EVER, and polenta. It really hit the spot. 

Not to mention, since I wasn't required to share <AHEM>, I had enough for one lunch this week, as well as lunch yesterday. 

So Lunches This Week - Lucky No. 13

Monday, May 26 - 1.5 cups of Marcella Hazan's Easiest Tomato Sauce EVER + 1.5 cups of Food Merchants Basil Garlic polenta.

Tuesday, May 271.5 cups of Marcella Hazan's Easiest Tomato Sauce EVER + 1.5 cups of Basl Garlic polenta, 1 cup of homemade Greek yogurt + 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries. 

Wednesday, May 28 - going out to lunch with two colleagues, one of whom has her last day here on Friday. Sad face but very happy for her (she deserves a lot better!). 

Thursday, May 29 - defrosted section of my newest favorite spinach/kale/wild rice/quinoa casserole, 1 cup homemade Greek yogurt + 1 cup fruit, probably fresh pair, which will be in my veggie bin today!!

Friday, May 30 - defrosted section of my newest favorite spinach/kale/wild rice/quinoa casserole, 1 cup homemade Greek yogurt + 1 cup fruit. In addition to pears, I have bananas, peaches and blueberries coming in my veggie bin, so options......

*-It goes without saying, that of COURSE, all was forgiven. Especially after Spouse bought me a Lemon Tree, which is a newly discovered treat that is half Crispin Original Hard Cider and half Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy beer. NUMMY. Thank you, Spouse!


No comments:

Post a Comment