Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giddy with Gratitude.

All of sudden yesterday morning, it hit me. This week is Thanksgiving (and the start of Hanukkah). 

<BAM>

I knew it, clearly, based on the rant from my last post, but the full effect finally reached my soul or whatever. I think it was the snow we've gotten over the last two days. And finalizing the logistics for Thanksgivukkah. And realizing it was a short work week (WOOOOOOOT!). 

But the full effect just hit me and with it, came a really great mood. The kind of mood where doesn't really matter, you just can't wreck it for me. Not only can you not wreck it, I just won't let you. 

<sigh>

Short post with no reason, other to say, I hope you get or stay giddy with gratitude over the next few days. Whether you are celebrating with family by blood, family by choice, pulling the covers up over your head and ignoring the whole lot - be giddy with gratitude as your celebration takes place.

  • Say Please. 
  • Smile a lot.
  • Say Thank You.
  • Give big, full-hearted hugs. 
  • Sing along to "Over the River and Through The Woods", really loud and off-key. (Bonus points for getting some little kids to join you).
  • Share. 
  • Hold the door for the person behind you.
  • Practice patience. 
  • Make eye contact, especially with the harried workers you encounter. 
  • Say I love you.
  • Be silly. 
  • Buy the person next to you a treat - a beer, a cupcake, their lunch, whatever you can manage.
  • Listen to your favorite holiday carol or song, then turn it up to 11.
  • Go into a locally owned shop you have never been to and just wander around. 
  • Give someone a high five. 
  • Let another car have *that* spot.
  • Listen. Not just with your ears.
  • Bring your own shopping bags. 
  • Say Thank You (it bears repeating). 

Location applicable: 

  • Make a decent sized snowball and smash it into the ground with all the strength you can muster. 
  • Clean off the snow-covered car next to you after you've cleared your car. 


I'm not asking you to do everything on the list. Just keep these few ideas in mind, and know that I appreciate you reading my little blog. Thank you. 


I'm giving you a virtual high-five and a silly face. 
post-workout dork face
Be safe on your travels and enjoy the time with your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment