Friday, March 21, 2014

Jen's Lunches This Week (#3)

Man, talk about doing something unwell. C'est la vie!

Monday's lunch was a cup of homemade Greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, whole blueberries and 1/3 cup of Love Grown Simply Oats gluten-free granola

Tuesday's lunch was same as Monday's. 

Wednesday's lunch was as Monday's and Tuesday's. 

Thursday's lunch was a cup of Dr. McDougall's Vegan Tortilla Soup (which was really quite tasty), a cup of steamed snow peapods & red peppers in sesame oil and sesame seeds that my friend got but couldn't eat*. Oh and a small handful of my maple oat scone bites. And 2 cups of cinnamon popcorn from this super adorable place in Greenville, South Carolina, that I'd been saving. Even after a month, it was fresh tasting and really delicious. (Also reminds me that I need to write about my super awesome trip there in Feb!)

Sounds like a lot, but only 487 calories (remember lunch is my biggest meal of the day so try and do 400-600 calories). 

Today, I have more homemade Greek yogurt and blueberries, plus some leftover appetizers from our St. Pat's party: cream cheese, horseradish and corned beef on rye cocktail toasts. Not a corned beef fan per se, but these are really tasty. I'll warm them in the microwave here at work, so won't be as yummy as oven warmed. Continuing my celebration of St. Patrick's Day, for as long as I can. 

My plan for Sunday is some cooking so that next week's installment might actually be exciting to read. Have some kale, zucchini, brussel sprouts, asparagus, and tomatoes that need to be dealt with so I think I'll be able to come up with something tasty. And possibly gross out Spouse, since he hates even the smell of brussel sprouts. Heh heh heh. 

One day late, but Happy First Day of Spring / Vernal Equinox / Eostre / Ostara!

Painting of Artha by Caroline Gully-Lir
Do you have any fun plans for cooking / baking / making this weekend? 
Or fun outdoor plans (assuming your environs will allow for outdoor plans)?

*-I just realized that the friend who couldn't eat the veggies (braces issue), also gave me the Dr. McDougall's soup, so I guess I need to do something extra nice for her, eh? Thanks, Tam, for my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment