Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Busy Week.

Oh the irony. I start a new feature and the answer to week 2 of said new feature, is, well, winging it all week. I am referring to Jen's Lunch This Week of course. 

We traveled to visit Spouse's mama and step-dad (+ extended fam) this past weekend, and I ran out of steam by Sunday night, between socializing and actual travel. Lots of fun though. I really lucked out on the families into which I married. 

Yesterday's lunch was 1 cup of homemade greek yogurt, 1 cup of organic blueberries and 1/3 cup of Love Grown Simply Oats Gluten Free Oat Clusters + 1 cup organic baby spinach with 1 tablespoon of bleu cheese. 

Today, went out with some sassy work friends to a local Greek joint. YUM!!

Tomorrow, probably a re-do of Monday's yogurt parfait, since:
Thursday, going to lunch with another sassy work friend - she's a Paleo, so won't be too crazy un-healthy I'm sure. 

Friday, <shrug>. 

Best.Blog.Entry.Ever.

In other news, having house guests this weekend as we celebrate our annual St. Patrick's Day Céilidh, so we are super pumped for that. Menu has been prepared, most ingredients purchased, and cooking schedule planned. Should be tasty and mostly healthy. Am busting out some new recipes, and will share those soon. 

I'm hoping with all of the excitement of party planning, cooking, hosting, etc. that I have more energy Sunday night to make next week's installment a little more informative. 

Along with the clock springing forward, our weeks of late have seemed rather full, both on the weekends, and the week nights. Not a bad thing at all - just does crimp one's homesteading style, so to speak. 

Side note: hate springing forward. I don't really like to use the H word, but seriously. It takes me 3-4 days to figure out which clocks are lying to me, and which clocks are accurate. Meh. 

What about you - what are you or did you have for lunch this week? 
Anything yummy? Something springy?

4 comments:

  1. I always play the 'really' game when the time changes: It's really 5 PM when it's 6 PM, etc. You have been cooking and eating heathfully for quite a while now, right? Is it because you enjoy making the recipes or are you weight reducing/expanding? I love veggies and fruits, but it is kind of difficult to get five servings/day in. I'm not a big fan of smoothies, but your yogurt parfait idea sounds interesting. Thanks for your blog! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for responding!! I have been taking baby steps to eat more health-fully over the last decade really - moving and living in the Land of the Hippies, and even closer to good food, helped tremendously.

      I do enjoy cooking but also just trying to reduce or keep steady, I guess. Especially as I age and see my body change. It helps that Spouse is also wanting to eat healthier and be healthier. We got into the habit of doing protein (shakes for me, bars for him) for dinner, when we don't have a social engagement. That also helps. I add a supplement to mine to increase veggie/fruit consumption, but the parfait is really nice too. The granola crunch kinda makes it - just challenging to find granola that isn't super caloric or full of fat.

      Delete
  2. every time I read the word "parfait," it reminds me of Pee Wee's Playhouse and the time they made parfaits. Which was EPIC. Whipped cream was heavily involved. But seriously, your ability to cook for the week ahead is inspiring to me. The best I can usually manage is to cook a chicken and serve it again for the next 2 days as open faced sandwiches and soup. Which is like a major victory when it happens. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have two young children, chica. It is a major victory. I have the "luxury" of no small hands wanting to help, needing my attention, so might be slightly easier for me to accomplish.

      I don't remember that skit on Pee Wee. I'll have to google it and see if I can find it. Loved and love that show!!!!

      Delete