Needless to say, zilcho has gotten accomplished on the home front - although Spouse was Master Launderer on one of his vacation days, so at least we have clean knickers, eh?
We have a local farmer, who stops by my workplace, once a week in August to sell his homegrown beefsteak tomatoes and melons. It's a total bargain for homegrown 'maters: 3 for $1 American dollar. I picked up 6 nice looking ones today. No melons because I'm the only one that will eat them and I'm expecting good stuff in my CSA bag tomorrow.
|Farmer Dave 'maters - yummmmmeeeeeee|
- Roasted tomatoes from the cherry ones I'll get in my CSA bag tomorrow
- Tomato sauce from the 6 Farmer Dave tomatoes I just bought (+ herbs from my garden)
- For lunch next week: wild rice, quinoa & spinach casserole (recipe coming soon)
- Yogurt - my Green Bean Delivery every two weeks includes 2 half gallons of Hartzler's Dairy Milk
- Tzatziki because my CSA bag will have cukes in it
- If I'm feeling super cuckoo, maybe homemade pita (from Frugal By Choice, Cheap by Necessity)
We'll see how far I actually get as this is a fairly ambitious list and we do have social engagements and all. I also need to spend some time with my baby garden. It hasn't rained much this week and I'm sure all my plants are thirsty. Reason #2 why I'm really a horrible gardener. Owel.
Are you thinking about your plans for the weekend?
Any cooking or baking in store?